Friday, April 13, 2012

A variety of things...

Disclaimer! These photos were all taken with my camera phone, so quality is not so good...

We in Alberta think gas prices are tough at about $1.10 per litre. Well, I was in Ottawa two weeks ago...

This is the plane that took me home from my recent travels to Trenton. I was only gone 2 nights, but it was long enough.

Zebras at the Calgary zoo. We were there early last Saturday, but not early enough to beat the 1.5 hour line to the new Penguin Exhibit. The rest of the zoo was pretty sparse, giving good photo opportunities.

I am patiently waiting for my luggage at Pearson International Airport in Toronto. I had a 2 hour drive after I landed at 8:30pm in Toronto. I couldn't, however, resist the urge to take a detour through Toronto downtown along the Gardiner Expressway past the CN Tower.

I bought free-range eggs from the Butcher shop in Cochrane, and I was delighted to find my first ever double yolk! 

My guitar arrived a few months ago, and it is awesome! I picked it up during one of my lunch breaks at work, and every was so grumpy that I couldn't try it until I got home. Oh well, it is fun!

This lion escaped in the Calgary zoo and rest rather animatronically in the Transalta Building on the roof of a hut. Tourist, beware!

At CFB Trenton. I didn't take too many photos, but those are C-130s off in the distance. I pointed out several of them that I used to work while I was at SPAR Aerospace in Edmonton.

There was a poster for the Cochrane Guitar Festival, so I thought all I had to do was take a photo of this barcode with my camera-phone and it would take me to the linked site. Needless to say, it did not work...

I had some meetings in downtown Calgary, and I was on the 15th floor of the building. I took this photo of  9th ave SW. I am always a little awestruck when I am among the tall office buildings of the city. I guess that's the small town kid in me.

And of course, rather than park my car in Calgary's core for $15 (for a 1 hour meeting), I took the Ctrain. Again, a treat for a small town kid like me.

My wife commandeered my new camera (see previous post), so I used my camera phone to take photos. But since the quality is lousy, I will likely save up another $150 for a second camera for me!

:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment