Friday, August 17, 2012

You'd think I've gone missing!

Or at least that's what I would hope people have been thinking in my absence of blogging. Because I know for a fact that everyone is waiting on pins and needles for me to do my next post.... and there has been a void on the internet....

Anyhow, enough ego, here is what I have been up to.

Again, business travel gets the better of me, but it was sending me down to Florida, where I had never been.

We connected in Houston, where a massive supercell storm passed over us and  delayed our flight by about a half hour or so.

Waiting to leave Houston. Travel writer would caption this: "The weather reflected my mood..."

Coming in for a landing in Tampa. This is now my new furthest-south-ever point I have been.

Apparently, I rains a lot in Florida. At 10am, there is a downpout. At 4pm, another downpour. It's rainy, it's hot, it's rainy, it's hot.... make up your mind.

It really knows how to rain in Florida.

We rented a house in Florida, which was nicer than staying in a hotel for 2 weeks.

The house, along with almost every other house in Florida, has a pool. It was nice, but not nearly as fun swimming along without my son.

All homes in Spring Hill (where we stayed) were bungalows, which I really like.

But apparently, Floridians haven't discovered how to build sidewalks yet.

I drowned in the pool, by the way...

Peacefully dead... nice

Luckily, the screen gecko resuscitated me and I was back to normal.
We went shooting on a day off. I'm shooting a Walther PPK, aka James Bond's gun. Saweet!
Apparently, I'm not too bad of a shot at 45 yards. This is coming from a guy who hardly ever shoots gun (and hasn't for many years!)

We also went Clay Pigeon shooting. They were all out of normal pigeons.

I had never used a shotgun before, so there was only one way to find out.

I wasn't bad, hitting 12 out of the 25 pigeons.

Look, more rain!

Clearwater Beach! We avoided storms to make it to the beach in the evening.

The sand is white, powdery, flour like sand. I had never been on sand so soft!

And apparently, Clearwater is not very clear. I guess this allows the sharks to sneak up on you.

Dumb and Dumber?


The water is like bathtub warm! It was so incredible!

And it rained again. And then again. And then again another day.
The trip was good, although being away from home and family for 2 weeks is not good. I made the most of it, hitting up Crossfit Spring Hill (1 minute from our house) and jogging. But after spending time down south, I got off the place in Calgary and the air was sweet up here. There's no place like home!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment