Sunday, June 27, 2010

Lorne's Toybox

Today was organize the garage day. An ongoing project I have. I like an organized garage. So, I have also made it my mission to keep as little stuff on the floor as possible. Much easier for sweeping and keeping clean. Obviously, some things like motorcycles, recycling bins and shoes racks must remain on the floor, but I am trying to get everything on the walls or ceiling. I think I am succeeding.

This is the garage. In here you will find 2 motorcycles, one canoe, a roof rack cargo box, 2 mountain bikes, recycling bins, brooms, animal shavings, a table saw, a cut off saw, a baby stroller, and various other doodads. Don't you feel like you're playing one of those hidden puzzle games?

I would like to brag that I have two motorcycles in my garage, but I can't as the one under the cover isn't mine. It's my brothers, and it's currently for sale. Please take it from me so I can have more room. FOR SALE.

Apparently, a 15.5 foot canoe fits in there! Woop! I'd like to say it's mine, but it belongs to my pastor. So that is how they walk on water... Them's is also my snowshoes and flyfishing gear. I can't wait to get out fishing. This winter I plan to buy either a kayak or solo canoe to hang from the ceiling there. This is going to be one packed garage.

I am all proud of this. I used to have all my tools in a bin, which made finding a hammer or a measuring tape a pain, especially when I grabbed the drywall saw instead. I used plumbing strapping to make a tool board. Apparently I also collect motorcyclist heads. One head and counting.

I built this shelf to be suspended from the ceiling so I could park my motorcycle under it in winter. Works great! I have the table saw on there and boxes that fit exactly perfect to the ceiling!

The pastoral canoe, on loan for a few weeks! I hope to have my own canoe in there soon.

That is too big of an open space on the ceiling, so I am going to hang the roof rack cargo box up there. It is an efficient use of space.

I added another shelf to my car fluids rack. Yes, I know the shelves aren't even, but that is among one of the many reasons I am not a carpenter, but an engineer (unofficially). Things line up so much easier in AutoCAD.

1 comment: